9. Locate the front wheel assembly, axle, wheel spacers, and when fitted, speedometer drive unit.
10. Pioneer and Stiletto. Position the front wheel between the forks with the brake assembly on the left. Put the speedometer
drive (or large shielded spacer) on the right and the flat spacer washer on the left.
NOTE: When fitting the speedometer drive to the front wheel be careful to put the two driving tabs of the drive unit into the two recesses provided in the hub. (Fig. 184) On 1972 Plonker models, the speedometer drive goes on the left.
11. Slide the front axle through the forks and wheel from right to left. On 1972 Plonker models, the axle goes through from left to right. Put the flat washer on the axle first; then the axle nut. Tighten them finger tight.
NOTE: On all models except 5 speed Plonkers there are two large flat washers on the front axle, one thick one and one thin one. The thick one is the spacer between the brake assembly and the inside of the fork slider. The thin one goes beneath the axle nut.
12. Mount the front brake anchor strap to its lug on the left fork. Secure it with the two 10 mm bolts and nuts. There is a flat washer beneath the head of each bolt, a lock washer beneath each nut. Tighten them to 6 ft. lbs. torque. It is a good idea to put a few drops of Loctite on the threads of each nut before mounting.
13. Put the axle pinch bolts in place with the head of the bolt facing forward. There is a flat washer that goes beneath the head of the bolt and one flat washer and one lock washer beneath each nut. Tighten them finger tight.
14. On Plonker models, connect the speedometer cable to the drive unit on the front wheel.