6. Slide the steering shaft up into the steering head from the bottom.
7. Place the felt washer and dust cover over the end of the steering shaft and then thread the steering shaft collar nut onto the shaft, turning it all the way down by hand.
8. With a mallet and punch, tighten the collar 1/8 of a turn by slightly driving the punch against the edge of one of the notches on the nut (Fig. 173) With a plastic or rawhide mallet, sharply tap the center of the bottom yoke upward and tap the top of the steering
9. Install the top fork yoke in place over the steering shaft and screw the 27 mm nut down on top of it. Do not tighten the nut at this point.
10. Locate the four 10 mm fender mount nuts and bolts. Clean all of their threads